Job Title: Fleet Assistant
Job Status: Part-Time temporary to permanent
Hours: 12-15 hours per week, including one week of evening on-call shifts every four weeks
Reports To: HOURCAR Fleet Supervisor
The Neighborhood Energy Connection (NEC), a 29 year-old nonprofit environmental organization, seeks a green-thinking car lover to join the fleet services team of its growing HOURCAR car-sharing program.
The Fleet Services Assistant will support the HOURCAR Fleet Services team in cleaning and inspecting HOURCAR vehicles. In addition, he or she will cover one week of weekday (Monday-Thursday) overnight on-call shifts per month. HOURCAR fleet team works closely with the member services team to maximize customer satisfaction and participation.
The HOURCAR Fleet Services Assistant is will work a fixed part-time schedule of 12-15 hours per week. The exact schedule is flexible depending on the applicant’s availability, but we prefer hours be worked between 9am and 6pm Monday through Friday. Available work hours will increase over time as we add cars to our fleet. This is a great starting position if you are an adaptable, hard-working individual interested in growing with the fleet services team.
Job Responsibilities, Fleet Services:
1. Visit HOURCAR hub locations regularly, as assigned by the Fleet Coordinator, to clean and inspect interior and exterior of HOURCAR vehicles.
2. Restock supplies and perform basic maintenance, such as checking fluid levels and replacing windshield wipers.
3. Report damage to HOURCAR vehicle or signage to the Fleet Supervisor for follow up.
4. Help Fleet Supervisor reposition vehicles, as needed.
5. Occasionally respond to urgent vehicle issues when other senior fleet staff are unavailable.
Job Responsibilities, On-call:
1. Serve as on-call staff person during assigned hours to respond to urgent calls transferred from our call center.
2. Must own and carry a cell phone at all times while on-call, and answer all calls promptly.
3. Assure that complete follow-up and documentation occurs for all “urgent incident” calls received.
Qualified candidates will have the following experience and skills:
¨ Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance and willingness to learn more.
¨ Willing to learn new skills and ability to adapt quickly.
¨ Ability and desire to interact with members in a professional manner while responding to time-sensitive vehicle issues.
¨ Ability to work efficiently and manage time independently.
¨ Comfort working alone outdoors, in parking ramps and elsewhere at all times of day or night, in all weather conditions.
¨ Own a reliable car and possess clean driving record with at least 3 years of licensed driving.
¨ Ability to read a map and interpret directions.
¨ Ability to lift at least 35 pounds.
¨ Experience successfully balancing multiple tasks at one time and meeting deadlines.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume no later than 9am, August 1. E-mailed applications should be directed to the HOURCAR fleet supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Fleet Services Assistant” in the subject line of your e-mail.
The NEC is an affirmative action, equal-opportunity employer. It is the policy of the NEC to hire without discrimination because of race, creed, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual or affectional orientation, ancestry, familial status, age, disability, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.