Home Improvement Loans With No Equity | Unsecured Loan | St. Paul, MN
The Fix-Up Loan (Unsecured) is a welcome financing tool for Minnesota homeowners who do not have equity in their homes. Almost any home improvement project is eligible, including furnace or air conditioning replacement, insulation, new windows or doors, or general home remodeling. Projects that are in progress, were completed within 120 days of the loan closing, and/or materials were purchased within 120 days prior to the loan closing can be included.
The Fix-Up Loan is a program of the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency. All the forms you need are available at the bottom of this page.
Borrower's Gross Household Income Limit: $99,500
Loan Amount: $2,000 - $15,000
Interest Rate: 6.99% or 6.49% Fixed (lower interest rate applies to ACH repayment)
Term: Loan repayment terms vary from 3 to 10 years, depending on the amount financed
Minimum credit score: 680
Debt to Income: 48%
Costs: No origination fee; up to $65 in closing costs
Send an email or call LeAnne at 651.221.4462 ext. 132 and make your home improvements happen!
- Complete all sections of the application
- Attach two copies of current paycheck stubs from within the last 60 days and a recent IRS Form W2
- If self-employed, attach copies of the last two years Schedule C
- If retired, provide copies of the last two months of bank statements showing direct deposit of Social Security and Pension
- Attach a copy of the bid you will be using for the work. If you are doing the work yourself, attach a supplier's estimate showing expected costs of materials
- Attach a copy of your most recent County Property Tax Statement
Mail application to:
Neighborhood Energy Connection
1754 University Avenue West
Saint Paul, MN 55104
Please do not fax your application.